You know you’re a new foodie mama if…
1.Your baby regularly has food particles stuck to them due to hanging out directly below your mouth.New babies like to chill on your lap, especially if they are breastfeeding. And it’s not like I’m NOT gonna eat just because there is a baby there, right? DUH. Hence, rice on baby (see photo above).
2. You baby wear and cook at the same time. With an apron, of course. Technically, you’re supposed to wait until you can wear them on your back to cook with them, but as long as you are careful and the baby is young enough and not moving around a ton…no harm, no foul, right?
3. Your baby freaks out when you buy the wrong variety of cherry.
4. You dress your baby up like all things food-related. Because? It is fun.
5. You let strangers hold your baby so you can eat more efficiently. Especially at ethnic restaurants. It’s scary at first, when they walk away with your baby, but once you realize they aren’t going to sell him or her on the black market while your back is turned, you relax and go back to eating your pho.
6. Your baby is the only one you know that eats lentil curry for lunch. And they like it!